You probably wonder is it really easy to make the crescent rolls? It is, but just the waiting for the dough to rise is the hard part. :-). In the the West, particularly in the US, you can just buy the dough in the grocery store and ready to bake. The crescent dough was made by Pillsbury. Unfortunately here in the Philippines it’s very hard to get any Pillsbury product. Since me and my family are into crescent rolls. I have to do some researching on the net for a good recipe. I found one that I tried and it’s good.
Golden Crescent Rolls Recipe:
- 3 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (I microwave for 30 seconds)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon iodized or kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Hot dogs (cook hot dogs first before putting inside the crescent)
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, salt, butter and the 2 cups of flour. Add yeast to the flour mixture. Beat until smooth. Add in the remaining flour and mix it well until smooth. Scrape the dough from side of bowl, knead dough, then cover it and let rise in a warm place until double the size around 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down dough. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 12 inch circle ( it doesn’t have to be perfect circle). brush with butter, cut into wedges (10-15 wedges). Put hot dog in the dough on the wider side. Roll up the dough on the hot dog. Place the rolls with the small end under on the greased baking sheet. Cover with cling wrap and let it rise until double in size, about an hour.
- Bake at 205°C for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with butter when come out from the oven.
*** You can put anything you like inside the dough. It can be ***
- Hot dog
- pepperoni and pizza sauce (just like pizza)
- And many more!
Have fun making!!!